WHAT IS RE-PARENTING?
In short, re-parenting yourself means that you begin to give yourself the things your parents didn't, or couldn't give you in your childhood. It doesn't have to mean that your parents are bad or that they failed. It just means that parenting is hard, and sometimes, we get it wrong.
All of us have to re-parent ourselves sometimes, whether is untangling a belief system we shared with our family that we no longer align with or indulging in 'childish' activities without shame.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF RE-PARENTING MYSELF?
The benefits are near endless, so here are a few examples:
1. You will find it easier to understand, tolerate and express your emotions and feelings
2. You will learn to implement boundaries
3. If you have a negative view of yourself, this will change
4. Your view of others will change
5. You will feel more in control
6. You will improve your communication skills
6. You will gain confidence
7. You will decrease bad habits
8. You will become more aware of your environment
9. You will become more independent
10. You will learn to love, forgive and accept yourself